Monday, December 12, 2016

Final Reflective Thoughts

As someone who has always considered herself whatever the opposite of tech savvy is, I have to admit that I have learned so much from this course! I went into it with an anxious yet open-mind. I am so glad I did! I have learned things that will make my life so much easier once I become an educator!

At the beginning of this semester, I felt overwhelmed. I have taken online courses before with little trouble, but all of the websites I had to use within each assignment made me incredibly nervous. The first site that I found to be helpful was THIS valuable resource! As a student and a Mom, I am lucky if I remember where to put a planner let alone what to put in it, using Delicious helped me organize all of my new found teaching tools into one place that I can not lose! I also found the blog to be an engaging way to break down my thoughts. What I particularly liked about this portion of the assignments was how laid-back it was. It encouraged thought. Utilizing WEBQUESTS was another beneficial task. I actually can not wait to get into my classroom and make assignments that will entertain and teach my students!

My favorite assignment though was the website/e-portfolio. This was almost like a midnight snack for my motivation. Doing this made me realize that in just a few short years I will be making a real website for my elementary school classroom. I saved all of my new tech tools for when that day comes!

My only feedback is not necessarily from a teaching standpoint, but I found the group projects a bit unorganized on the student's end. It felt like a few people did all of the work and everyone got the credit for it. At one point I felt like I was begging for a job to do. If maybe there were more emphasis put on the teamwork aspect, they might run smoother? Other than that, I felt like the class was never a wasted moment. I especially appreciated the lack of busy-work. Everything we did in the class will benefit us as educators.

References:

Dodge, B. (n.d.). QuestGarden.com. Retrieved December 12, 2016, from http://questgarden.com/
Welcome to del.icio.us. (n.d.). Retrieved December 12, 2016, from https://del.icio.us/


No comments:

Post a Comment